Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Banana Bread


I will pass this recipe onto my future offspring. No other banana bread recipe compares. It is the best. In fact, I often double it and always make 2 loafs as a general rule. I slice it up, wrap then individually and keep them in my freezer to grab as a snack on my way out the door.

  • 2 cups of flour (you can use whole wheat or half and half)
  • 1 tsp of baking soda
  • ¼ tsp of salt
  • ½ cup of butter, softened
  • ¾ cup of brown sugar
  • 1 tsp of vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 over ripe bananas, mashed

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease loaf pan and set aside.

2. In a large bowl or kitchen aid, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in eggs and vanilla, mix well.

3. Add flour, salt, baking soda and bananas. Mix until combined and batter is smooth.

4. Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for approx. 60 minutes, or until a tooth pick comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment