Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Raspberry Orange Snack Cake


I really, really wanted to make a Raspberry Orange cake (mostly because I needed to use up both before they went bad) but I couldn't find one that I liked, so naturally, I rolled the dice and made one up.
I used my Double Glazed Raspberry Cake Recipe as a guide. The orange zing in the cake makes up for the fact that I left it un-iced/glazed. This turned out to be the perfect summer cake to snack on while the sun is shining!

  • 2 cups flour 
  • 1 tbsp baking powder 
  • 1/2 tsp salt 
  • 1 cup sugar 
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened 
  • zest from 1 large orange
  • 1 egg 
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup of fresh orange juice
  • 3 cups fresh/frozen raspberries

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease a round 7'' spring form pan.

2. Cream together butter, egg, sugar, vanilla, milk, orange zest, and juice. Add flour, salt, and baking powder. Mix just until moistened.

3. Spoon batter into pan (it will be thick) and place raspberries on the top of the cake evenly. Bake for 25- 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Once cooled, slice into pieces and snack away!



No comments:

Post a Comment