Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Jessica Alba's Turkey Meatballs


If you don’t already know this about me, I like to make large batches of things ahead of time and keep them in the freezer to use at a later time. It makes me feel prepared and saves me a ton of time on weeknights. It’s also nice to make homemade versions of things you might normally buy pre-packaged, this saves you money and is so much better for you.

My childhood mentality always tells me that meatballs belong with pasta, but my health conscious adult mentality respectfully disagrees and thinks they are a lean, versatile protein option that would be great next to a salad. Sorry little one….the big girl wins this round.

  • 2 pounds lean ground turkey
  • 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)*I used brown
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped carrots
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped zucchini
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
  • 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 3/4 cup homemade or store-bought low-sodium chicken broth

1. In a large bowl, mix turkey, panko, carrots, zucchini, onion, eggs, Italian seasoning, and salt until well combined; form into 1-inch balls.


2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add meatballs and cook, turning, until browned, about 7 minutes.

3. Add 1/2 cup chicken broth; cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until liquid is almost completely absorbed, about 7 minutes. Add remaining 1/4 cup broth and increase heat to medium; cook, uncovered, until liquid is absorbed. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment