Pages

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Frozen Yogurt Bar


Okay so I’m kinda of obsessed with Froyo these days. I have always been a fan of Yogen Fruz and I just tried Tutti Frutti for the first time this month. I would happily trade all desserts all together (including chocolate) if I was guaranteed a cup of this goodness on a daily basis.

Anyway, we have “Treat Day” at my office every Wednesday. We all take turns bringing something in, and believe me when I say we all take this very seriously! Things can get elaborate!

This round we decided to make it a “Healthy Treats Only”, which was super smart since the holidays just passed, not to mention we literally have a access to unlimited candy all day every day. (sounds amazing but is a curse when you start crash around 3pm, easy access to unlimited candy is never a good thing)

Given my new found obsession with frozen yogurt, I naturally decided to do a Frozen Yogurt Bar for my Treat Day. I purchased tubs of frozen yogurt, and brought in a ton of different toppings....most of which were healthy. ;) I also had the option of bowls or waffle cones.

Here are a few healthy topping ideas -
  • Granola
  • Coconut flakes
  • Walnuts
  • Almonds
  • Pistachios
  • Craseins
  • Kiwi
  • Pineapple
  • Strawberry
  • Mango
  • Blueberries
  • Pomegranate
  • Raspberries
  • Cinnamon
Here a few not so healthy, but also not terrible options to keep it fun -
  • Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • Peanut butter chips
  • Mini marshmallows
  • Maraschino cherries
  • Rainbow Sprinkles
  • Cereal like Fruit Loops or Cinnamon Toast Crunch

No comments:

Post a Comment