Pages

Monday, February 03, 2014

Eat More Fish.

Let’s be honest, fish kinda has a bad rap. Unless prepared properly it can be completely off putting. I love ordering it when we go out for a nice dinner because I don’t make it that often as I don’t really know how? I have my standard Maple Salmon which is great, but one can only eat so much of that. And since fish is so good for you I made it my goal to find a recipe that is easy and that I actually would eating at home.

Benefits from eating Fish Regularly
  • Low in saturated fat and high in omega-3, both protect against heart disease and lower the amount of cholesterol in the blood
  • Improves circulation, and reduces the risk of blood clots
  • Has been proven to ease the symptoms of inflammation and arthritis
  • Provides your body essential nutrients such as iodine, selenium, zinc and potassium.
  • Plays a large part in preventing depression

So here’s my recipe for White Wine and Dijon White Fish. I was on board at white wine. White wine and fish go together perfectly (plus when no one is looking you can have a few glasses while preparing dinner) I say whitefish because this sauce would go nicely with any white fish such as Haddock, Cod, Halibut, or Sole. I used fresh sole and it was amazing! I paired it with steamed broccoli and a mix of brown and white rice (Andrew and I can’t agree so we compromise) and of course, a big glass of wine. ;)

  • 2 servings of any white fish
  • 1 tbsp of olive oil
  • ½ cup of white wine (plus more for drinking)
  • ¼ cup of Dijon Mustard
  • 1 tsp of lemon juice
  • 1 clove of garlic, minced
  • Salt and Pepper to Taste

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place the fish in a glass baking dish and season with salt and pepper.

2. Combine the remaining ingredients and pour over top of the fish.

3. Bake for approx. 20 minutes. Fish should be cooked through, firm and flakey.

https://sites.google.com/site/receipesfromlifehappens/white-wine-and-dijon-white-fish?tmpl=%2Fsystem%2Fapp%2Ftemplates%2Fprint%2F&showPrintDialog=1

No comments:

Post a Comment