Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014

Chewy Double Chocolate Cherry Cookies



 The fact that I love baking is double edged sword, because if I keep it in the house I also find myself eating it. I justify it by telling myself I am quality testing it, ya know making sure it’s safe for everyone else to eat. This is the truest form of self-sabotage as I tend to make things that I find super appealing, such as the chocolate and cherry combo. Chewy, chocolate on chocolate cookies with a hint of cherry mmmm. I know I have zero will power, especially after dinner so why I do this I will never know! Lucky I had the sense to send what was left of these to work with Andrew even though they were supposed to go with him on Friday for Valentine’s Day. I am truly ashamed of myself.


  • 2 cups of flour
  • 1 cup of butter, softened
  • ¾ cup of cocoa
  • 1 tsp of baking soda
  • 3 tbsp of maraschino cherry juice
  • ½ tsp of salt
  • 2/3 cup of white sugar
  • 2/3 cup of brown sugar
  • 1 tsp of vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • ½ cup of maraschino cherries, chopped
  • 1 ½ cups of milk chocolate chunks


1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

2. In a large bowl, or kitchen aid. Beat together the butter, and white and brown sugar until it is light and fluffy. Add in the vanilla extract and cherry juice, mix until combined. Then incorporate the eggs one at a time.

3. Add the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt, mix well. You should have a very thick chocolately dough. Mix in the cherries, and chocolate chunks by hand.

4. Drop small rounded spoonful’s of dough on the parchment paper. Bake for approx. 9 minutes. The cookies should be soft in the middle and look a little under baked.

Makes approx. 40 small cookies.



https://sites.google.com/site/receipesfromlifehappens/chewy-double-chocolate-cherry-cookies?tmpl=%2Fsystem%2Fapp%2Ftemplates%2Fprint%2F&showPrintDialog=1

No comments:

Post a Comment