Pages

Friday, January 31, 2014

Puppy Chow

Puppy Chow, Muddy Buddies, Crack Mix. Whatever you call it, it is to die for. 


I have seen so many recipes and so many different versions I knew it had to be awesome. So I thought I would see what all the hype was about and mix up a batch to bring to the office.

I decided to try a basic recipe as I had most of the ingredients on hand but I’ve seen Chocolate Mint versions, Funfetti versions, even Red Velvet. The possibilities are endless. And with the rave reviews I got at work I’m sure I will be making it again.

  • 10 cups of original Chex cereal
  • ½ cup of butter
  • ½ cup of smooth peanut butter
  • 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • ½ cup of milk chocolate chips
  • 1 tsp of vanilla
  • 1 ½ cups of icing sugar

1. Measure out the Chex into a large bowl. Divided the icing sugar into 2 large ziplock bags and line 2 large baking sheets with wax paper and set both aside.

2. In a saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and peanut butter. Remove from the heat and mix in the chocolate chips until completely melted and smooth. Add in the vanilla then pour over the Chex.

3. Ensure each piece of cereal is coated, then divide it evenly into the 2 ziploack bags. Shake the bags so that all of cereal is coated, pour out onto the baking sheets to dry. Store in an airtight container in the fridge….betcha can’t eat just one! ;)

https://sites.google.com/site/receipesfromlifehappens/puppy-chow?tmpl=%2Fsystem%2Fapp%2Ftemplates%2Fprint%2F&showPrintDialog=1

No comments:

Post a Comment