Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Hummus

If I would have known how easy and yummy it would be to make it my own hummus I would have started doing it long ago! I whipped a batch last weekend and I’m in love! Its way better than store bought and obviously way better for you as it’s not processed. I think I’ll have to start making it on a weekly basis to keep in the fridge alongside crackers and peppers as a healthy snack!

  • 1 can of chickpeas (19oz)
  • ¼ cup of tahini paste
  • 3 tbsp of lemon juice
  • 2 tbsp of olive oil
  • 1 tsp of cumin
  • 1/2 tsp of salt
  • 4 garlic cloves

1. Place all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. I tasted and adjusted a few things along the way so you may need to as well, but this recipe is a great base.  

Makes about 1.5 cups

https://sites.google.com/site/receipesfromlifehappens/hummus?tmpl=%2Fsystem%2Fapp%2Ftemplates%2Fprint%2F&showPrintDialog=1

No comments:

Post a Comment