Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies


This week has been hard for me. My desire to consume copious amounts of sugar has been off the charts. Unfortunately for me baking cookies is much easier than driving to the store to grab a pint of Chunky Monkey so that’s exactly what I did. I ate one cookie after I made them and it totally hit the spot. But now I’m stuck with a whole batch in the freezer. I’ve done my best to pawn them off into Andrew’s lunch which I’m sure he doesn’t mind. But to be truthful I have eaten my fair share. At least these cookies are totally worth it. Chewy, and just the right amount of peanut butter to chocolate ratio.

  • 1/2 cup of butter, softened
  • 1 cup of peanut butter
  • 3/4 cup of white sugar
  • 1/2 cup of brown sugar, packed
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tbsp of milk
  • 1 tsp of vanilla extract
  • 1 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 tsp of baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp of baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 cup of mini semisweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. In a large bowl or kitchen aid mix butter and peanut butter until smooth. Add the white and brown sugar, egg, milk, and vanilla. Mix well.

3. Add in the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. Place the dough in the fridge for 10 minutes before using.

4. Roll into 1 inch balls and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Baking for approx. 12 mins. The cookies should look undercooked when you remove them from the oven, this is the secret to chewy cookies. Makes 3 dozen.

https://sites.google.com/site/receipesfromlifehappens/peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-cookies?tmpl=%2Fsystem%2Fapp%2Ftemplates%2Fprint%2F&showPrintDialog=1




No comments:

Post a Comment