Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is basically a switch up from my original Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe I posted earlier on my blog. Since it's Halloween I just happen to have some of those little individually wrapped caramel squares in the house. And I thought to myself "Man this would be good in cookies!" so that is exactly what I did!


I was tempted to look for a recipe that specifically called for them, but then I thought to myself again "Why try another cookie recipe when I already have the best one at my finger tips?"

Exact same recipe, just add pieces of the caramel squares for a totally different cookie experience.

Oh and these cookies were so good that I forgot to take a photo, so I had to take one the next day at work...hence the classy styrofoam plate. ;)

  • 2 ¼ cups of flour
  • 1 tsp of baking soda
  • ½ cup of butter
  • 1 tsp of salt
  • 1 cup of packed light brown sugar
  • ½ cup of sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips (for some reason I think the mini ones taste better)
  • 3/4 cup of chopped up bits of caramel squares

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a baking sheet and set aside.

2. Cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar until fluffy. Mix in the eggs and vanilla.

3. Beat in flour, baking soda and salt. Incorporate the chocolate chips and caramel bits.

4. Drop spoonful’s onto baking sheet. And bake for approx. 10 mins. The trick to these cookies is to slightly under bake them. There should just be a small hint of golden around the edges and tops of the cookies. They will firm up when cooled. This will ensure they are moist, soft and chewy.
Store in an airtight container.

Makes roughly 2 dozen cookies.

https://sites.google.com/site/receipesfromlifehappens/caramel-chocolate-chip-cookies?tmpl=%2Fsystem%2Fapp%2Ftemplates%2Fprint%2F&showPrintDialog=1


No comments:

Post a Comment