Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins


I remember when Andrew and I first started dating, one night while we were talking on the phone he was making banana chocolate chip muffins. I’m pretty sure he used a mix but I was impressed none the less. So these muffins bring back fond memories of when Andrew used to be found in the kitchen and not on the couch. ;)

I always always always have tons of frozen bananas in the freezer. And since this is one of Andrew's fav's I usually make these muffins at least once a month. Sometimes I'll even swap out the chocolate chips for blueberries if I have some on hand. Either way this recipe is fantastic, moist muffins that aren't too banana-y.

  • 1 3/4 cup of flour
  • 3/4 cup of sugar
  • 1 tsp of baking powder
  • 1 tsp of baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp of salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup of oil (olive, canola, coconut)
  • 1/2 cup of plain yogurt or sour cream
  • 2 - 3 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips or blueberries

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease a muffin tin.

2. In a large bowl or kitchen aid, mix together the banana, oil, sugar, yogurt/sour cream, and egg.

3. Add in the remaining ingredients except the chocolate chips/blueberries. Mix well.

4. Add in the chocolate chips or blueberries and spoon batter into muffin tin. Bake for approx 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Makes 12 muffins.

https://sites.google.com/site/receipesfromlifehappens/banana-chocolate-chip-muffins?tmpl=%2Fsystem%2Fapp%2Ftemplates%2Fprint%2F&showPrintDialog=1





No comments:

Post a Comment