Pages

Friday, August 30, 2013

Meal Planning

Now this isn’t something that works for everyone but it has changed my life. I plan out the whole weeks meals (including lunches and any baking I will be doing) for the entire week. This way we only have to go grocery shopping once. Which is fantastic because I hate grocery shopping, mostly because of the oblivious people that leave their carts in the middle of the aisle while they grab something.

I use a little whiteboard planner to write down all of our dinners for the week, so when I get home from work I already know what to make and have all the ingredients on hand.

I also bake on the weekends for the entire week. I’ll whip a batch of muffins or scones or whatever, individual wrap them, and throw them in the freezer so we can just grab them for lunches or snacks.

I made my own meal planner by printing it off, laminating it and throwing some magnets on the back. But if you’re not feeling crafty I have seen premade ones for sale all over, and all different types, chalk board, whiteboard, cork boards, even binders.

Happy Planning! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment