Pages

Friday, July 26, 2013

“Life is what happens while you’re busy making other plans”

The thing about growing older that no one ever tells you, is that you don't actually feel like you've aged at all. You're 8 years old, then BAM! All of the sudden you're in your late twenties. You have a mortgage, non-stop bills and have to make huge decisions all on your own.

The best decision I have made lately is saying “Yes!” when Andrew popped the question. Andrew is my best friend, and makes me laugh nonstop. He’s my daily reminder to not worry about the little things, which I will admit can seem impossible for a Type A, OCD, stress-case such as myself.

Andrew just got a new job with a great company (thanks Curt) which will have him on a 10 days away, 4 days home shift. This will be a huge change for us both as the longest we’ve gone apart is about 3 days since we met. But I’m sure we will both find a new “normal” and settle into a new routine quickly. I already have a long list of projects to do while he’s away to keep me busy, hence the blog. Because thankfully, no good blog entry ever started with “So I was sitting on the couch with a tub of Haagan Dazs…”

So stay tuned on the journey of our daily lives, planning for the future and letting life happen.<3

No comments:

Post a Comment