Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

4 Ways to Sunless Tan

Unfortunately I am not one of those people with olive skin that can get a nice brown tan within minutes of stepping outside on a sunny day. If I’m lucky enough not to burn, I usually get a weird uneven red-ish tan. Due to this genetic disaster I have become a self-proclaimed expert on sunless tanning.

Here are a few of my favorite ways to by pass mother nature:

Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer – This stuff is one of the best lotions I’ve tried, it’s subtle, comes in 2 different shades, and doesn’t smell extremely strong like a lot of other lotions. It gradually builds a “tan” over a few days of using it, so if you miss a spot it’s not the end of the world.

Jane Iredale Sunbeam Bronzer
– This bronzer is a must have for my makeup bag. I love anything Jane Iredale to being with, everything is made with minerals so is actually good for you skin! This bronzer comes in a quad color scheme so you can make your bronzer have a more pinky hue, or a more of a golden hue depending on how much of each color you grab with your brush. Most days it just grab a little of everything and it works great!

Guerlain Terracotta Skin – I first tried this from a sample that was thrown in my bag when purchasing perfume. I brought it to Vegas with me and tested it out before having a night on the town. I absolutely love it this product! It’s not something I would use every day, (only because it’s expensive and comes in a small package so I use it sparingly) but it’s great to use just before going out somewhere to give you a nice bronzey finish. It comes in a small aerosol can so you spray it on your skin and then quickly rub it in to even it out. It lasts all night and won’t transfer to clothes. A word of warning, be careful where you apply it, I have accidentally turned a few towels brown that were in range of the spray.

Spray Tan – But not the kind you’re thinking. I’m talking about an airbrush spray tan which is applied by a person with an airbrush. This can take some getting used to as you stand almost completely naked in front of someone while they spray you. But any embarrassment is well worth it because having a person do it ensures a nice even golden tan. This method will not turn you orange or streaky. It's great to do before a beach vacation or a special event like a wedding. It lasts about 5-7 days.


No comments:

Post a Comment